2023 Tax Resolution – Effective January 1, 2023
FAWN TOWNSHIP TAX COLLECTOR
Patsy A. Birley
Mailing Address: 686 Alum Rock Road, New Park, PA 17352 (The tax collector offers NO home office hours)
Phone: 717-382-4306 (NO SUNDAY CALLS)
ABOUT TAX COLLECTION
Taxes may be mailed to the tax collector, paid in person at a tax sitting, or put in the ‘Tax Payment Drop Off’ box located inside the Fawn Township building.
All checks need to be made payable to:
‘Patsy A. Birley, Tax Collector’ for the County/Township Tax
‘Fawn Township Tax Collector’ for the School Tax
The postmark, NOT the check date, determines when the taxes are paid.
Payments made via online Bill Pay must include bill numbers or they will be returned.
Tax sittings for 2024 York County / Fawn Township Real Estate Taxes will be held on the following dates:
Tax sittings for 2023 / 2024 South Eastern School District Real Estate Taxes will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, October 16, 2023
- Friday, December 15, 2023
- Friday, December 29, 2023
All sittings are held 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Location: Fawn Township Office Building, 245 Alum Rock Road, New Park PA 17352
- Please remember if you have a mortgage escrow account, to make a copy of your tax bill and mail it to your mortgage company.
- It is not the responsibility of the tax collector to make sure your tax bill is paid.
- There is a $50.00 charge for returned and/or insufficient funds checks. Your account will remain unpaid until receipt of this charge.
- All taxes are due to be paid in full by December 31st.
- After December 15th, ONLY certified funds will be accepted by the tax collector, (money order or cashier’s check). Personal checks will be returned.
- All unpaid taxes will be turned over to the York County Tax Claim Bureau after December 31st.
- $10.00 charge for each duplicate real estate bill or receipt without bill requested (per Fee Schedule – Resolution No. 2-2023).
York County Department of Assessment and Tax Claim Office
28 East Market Street, Room 105
York, PA 17401-1585
Phone: (717) 771-9232 (tax assessment office)
Phone: (717-771-9205 (tax claim office)
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
The Department of Assessment is responsible for evaluating Residential, Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial properties, and placing market value assessments on them. It is through this department that equitable and fair evaluations are established on all real estate in York County.
The Tax Claim Bureau is responsible for the collection of all delinquent real estate taxes in York County and Rollback Taxes incurred through Act 319 of Pennsylvania State Legislature, commonly known as the “Clean and Green” program.
- Property taxes in PA are based on millage rates set by individual municipalities and school districts.
- Property taxes in PA vary from one county to another, and one municipality to the next.
- Taxation is a major source of revenue for most townships.
- Taxes help to keep roads serviced, schools running, and emergency services available.
- Residents of Fawn Township receive tax bills in late February for County/Township taxes and the beginning of July for the School District taxes.
- Both of these bills are payable to the Fawn Township Tax Collector, Patsy A. Birley.
- Real Estate taxes are based on a millage rate.
- One mill is equal to $1.00 of tax per every $1,000 of real estate assessed value.
- The current millage rates are:
2022 – Fawn Township – 0.75 (0.00075)
2022 – York County – 6.9 (0.0069)
2022/2023 – South Eastern School District – 22.2503 (0.0222503)
Assessed Value x Millage Rate = Face Amount of Tax
- Example: $ 200,000 x 0.0222503 = $ 4,450.06
The Pennsylvania Property Tax or Rent Rebate Program exists through the Commonwealth offering tax and rent rebates on school/county taxes for seniors age 65+, widows/widowers age 50 and older, and people with disabilities age 18 and older.
To seek information or obtain an application, visit the nearest Senior Center, or call 1-888-PA-TAXES or visit online at www.revenue.state.pa.us. Forms and publications, Property Tax/Rent Rebate (Form PA1000)